CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Role: Golf Course Ranger Contact
Needham Golf Club Name:John Snellings
49 Green Street Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Needham, MA 02492
About Needham Golf Club Needham Golf Club is a semi-private 9-hole golf course that is uniquely situated within the Needham, MA community, offering an enjoyable experience for golfers of all skill levels. Our clubhouse was built in 2010 and includes a state-of-the-art kitchen facility and a gorgeous clubhouse with transitional décor. Our membership includes approximately 650 members.
About the Role This is a part-time position reporting directly to the Club’s Head and Assistant Golf Professionals. A golf course ranger must have positive interpersonal skills to deal with the diverse membership to ensure success in this position. They must have a strong working knowledge of the Rules of Golf, Club Rules, and any special rules related to the COVID Emergency.
- Assist the Starter by ensuring all golfers have signed in, had the Club Rules explained to the players, and tee times are adhered to.
- Patrol the course ensuring golfers follow the course’s rules and regulations.
- During the COVID Emergency, ensure members and guests abide by all special rules of the Club and Public Health Authorities such as social distancing, cart usage, tee times, closure of practice areas, and limited use of putting green.
- Monitor golfers during play, and maintain golf course rules and play etiquette, especially pace of play. See that play moves along steadily, asking slow golfers to pick up the pace or suggesting faster golfers may play through.
- Warn players of any infractions of Club Rules and report such warnings in writing to the Club Professionals and a designated member of the Board.
- Serve as a liaison between players, employees, and management along with communicating feedback between golfers and other staff.
- Handle emergency situations. Complete accident/incident reports for all accidents on the course
- Maintain course supplies such as divot bottles and trash containers. Empty garbage when needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to players whether they are members, guests or Needham residents who play at designated times.
- Report any course damage to the Course Superintendent.
Personal and Intangibles:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Personable friendly demeanor but someone who does not shy away from telling someone they are not abiding by the rules of the Club.
- Ability to work as a team player with the Club Professionals, Course Superintendent, and other staff members.
About You, Competitive candidates should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Have a strong working knowledge of the game of golf and the Rules of Golf. Other qualifications include the physical ability to lift heavy loads and stand or walk for long periods of time. You need excellent customer service skills and must feel comfortable working with golf club members, staff, and Needham residents. You need a valid driver’s license, as you spend much of your time driving a golf cart around the course.
Compensation This position is seasonal, part-time, non-exempt, and paid hourly. The hours will be scheduled by the Club Professionals. Please send a cover letter and resume to John Snellings at the contact information above.